Saturday, June 5, 2010

" Annie - Not Over " !

I am going to inaugurate a campaign here to try and raise interest in the " Annie " comic strip by Jay Maeder and Ted Slampyak , in an attempt to get Tribune Media Services , the owner of the veteran strip , to continue the adventures of Annie and Daddy , etc. in some form with the Maeder-Slampyak team continuing on it after the announced June 13 last day for the syndicated strip version !
I guess I really:
(1) need to get enough people interested to
(2) show Tribune Media enough of a groundswell of interest
(3) for Tribune seek/any interested parties to contact Tribune to try and liscence a continued version of the strip as done by M-S .
The comic is being ended in the middle of a story and Trib's person quoted in the story ( Which I'll link when I can . ) about same expressed optimism for continuing it in a non-syndicated strip form-So be it !
Seriously , I enjoy the M-S team's version . I think the story tries to do a miodern adventure continuity strip well , and the art updates Harold Grey's style well .
That's all for now , more later !

1 comment:

  1. ...In the " (3) there there's a " to " which belongs there...

    ReplyDelete